Where Does My Donation Go?
Lung Cancer Alliance exists to help lung cancer patients and mobilize a national community demanding increased compassion and support for lung cancer. With your help, we are uniquely poised to bring even more profound change by:
- Leading efforts with the public health community to develop guidelines for low-dose CT screening to benefit those at highest risk for lung cancer.
- Reaching ~1,500 hospitals and cancer centers nationwide and responding to ~1,000 calls/emails per month so that patients and families know that they’re not alone -- and that we are here to help with free information, support and referral services.
- Igniting awareness with the National Shine A Light on Lung Cancer Vigil taking place in more than 70 communities representing every state.
- Expanding Give A Scan, a new program receiving global attention as the first patient-driven imaging research program in open access on the web. Learn more at by going here.
- Enabling families to eliminate stigma with Team Lung Love, an endurance sports training program raising awareness and support for lung cancer by participating in world-class marathons nationwide.
- Training thousands more volunteers as lung cancer activists at the Annual Capitol Forum in Washington, DC.
- Educating elected officials and increasing support for the Lung Cancer Mortality Reduction Act, historic legislation that will provide multiple millions for lung cancer research, while securing more funding for a new lung cancer research program within the Department of Defense.
We don't receive any government funding, so we rely on voluntary donations from people like you to accomplish these goals.