Warner Lecture Series on Lung Cancer Screening
On September 10th, Lung Cancer Alliance President & CEO, Laurie Fenton Ambrose joined a distinuished panel of experts to discuss lung cancer screening as part of the Kenneth E. Warner Lecture Series hosted by Legacy and moderated by Cheryl Healton, DrPH, President and CEO, Legacy.
- Provide the national public health community with accurate information about the efficacy and significance of lung cancer screenings – including how to educate members of the public of their risks and ensure that they have information about where to be screened responsibly.
- Discuss next steps for national public health and public policy decision makers, including tobacco control and community level advocates who are at the frontline in efforts to stem the deadly tide of tobacco.
- Identify areas of common ground where the tobacco control community and proponents of lung cancer screening can work together to sharply reduce tobacco related deaths from lung cancer.
- Marcus Plescia, MD, MPH, Director of the Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Georges Benjamin, MD, Executive Director, APHA
- Fred Grannis, MD, Clinical Professor of Thoracic Surgery, City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, CA
- Bruce S. Pyenson, Principal and Consulting Actuary, Milliman
- Andrea McKee, MD, Chair, Lahey Clinic Radiation Oncology
To view the webcast of the event click here: http://www.visualwebcaster.com/event.asp?id=95708.