- Lung Cancer Basics
- Get Involved
Wednesday, January 15, 2014- Lung Cancer Alliance, along with eight other cancer advocacy groups, joined together as part of the Missouri Coalition for Cancer Treatment Access, to push for state legislation that would give cancer patients in Missouri access to the most effective cancer treatments. Currently, oral cancer drugs, which allow patients to self-administer and have fewer side effects than traditional treatments, are significantly more expensive than other therapies. The legislation, proposed by Rep. Sheila Solon and Sens. Brian Munzlinger and Ryan Silvey, would require insurance plans to have the same out-of-pocket costs for oral chemotherapy products if traditional chemotherapies are already covered. To date, 27 states and the District of Columbia have passed oral chemotherapy parity legislation to help equalize patient out-of-pocket costs, modernize health insurance, and improve cancer care.
The following is a list of advocacy groups that make up the Missouri Coalition for Cancer Treatment Access:
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- International Myeloma Foundation
- Lung Cancer Alliance
- American Cancer Society, Cancer Action Network
- St. Louis Breast Cancer Coalition
- Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons (MAOPS)
- Susan G. Komen, St. Louis
- Susan G. Komen, Greater Kansas City
- Susan G. Komen, Mid-Missouri
To view the full press release click here.