Questions to Ask My Healthcare Team
The following is a list of some questions you may want to ask your healthcare team. It helps to have a notebook where you keep all the answers as well as important phone numbers and other information. It may be helpful to have someone go with you to take notes and help you remember information your team gives you.
- What type of lung cancer do I have?
- What stage is my lung cancer?
- If my cancer has spread, where else is it located in my body?
- Do I need more tests?
- What are my treatment options?
- What type of treatment do you recommend for me and why?
- What are the risks and benefits of the treatment options?
- What are the possible side effects from my treatments and how can I manage them?
- When do I start treatment? How long will it last? How often will I get it?
- Are there any clinical trials that are appropriate for me? If so, how do I get more information?
About Support Services
- Are there support groups available for me and my loved ones?
- Where can I get more information about lung cancer?
- Where can I get financial help?
- Where can I get treatment-related help such as wigs or transportation to appointments?
- Do you have a social worker or patient navigator that can help me? Or can you refer me to one?