Thanks to your generous support throughout the year, we were able to help even more people feel supported and empowered; we hit the stigma of lung cancer head on; and we were able to secure an additional $10.2M for lung cancer research. Read below to see how your donations supported us this year:
Lung Cancer Awareness Highlights
- No One Deserves to Die Campaign: National campaign tackles stigma in 31 markets across the US
- Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigils: Largest coordinated event for lung cancer goes global with over 100 events worldwide
- Team Lung Love: Survivors and loved ones ran and walked in five marathons this year!
Research Advocacy Highlights
- Recalcitrant Cancer Research Act: Catapulting lung cancer research to priority status
- LCA Framework for Screening Excellence: Guiding reponsible screening programs nationwide in over 120 sites
- Military and Veterans Screening: Created ongoing partnership for the delivery of live-saving benefit to those at high risk
- 5th Annual Advocacy Conference: Achieved historic levels of Congressional support for the LCMRA
- Amicus Brief: Holding Big Tobacco liable for damages caused by smoking
- Department of Defense Funding: Another $10.5 million secured in pipeline; totaling almost $70 million to date
Support Services Highlights
- 4th Annual Support Group Award: Excellence for lung cancer community rewarded
- Telephone Support Groups for Lung Cancer: New support option launched for survivors and loved ones
- Phone Buddy Program Expanded: Over 150 trained mentors ready to help
- Free Support and Educational Materials: Over 12,000 pieces distributed
As we approach the end of 2012, please continue to consider us in your year end giving so we may continue to help others. With your gift, you can honor someone special and bring about life-saving change today.
Thank you for all that you and our very best wishes for a safe and joyous holiday season from all of us at LCA.