November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month and this is the time of year when our community comes together to make some noise for lung cancer! Here are 5 ways to get involved and raise awareness this November.
- Attend an Event– With close to 200 lung cancer events taking place across the country, chances are, there is one near you. Find one today!
- Get Social – Social media, especially Facebook and Twitter, are wonderful platforms to spread the word about lung cancer to your friends and others. To make it even easier, we will have images and facts on our Facebook and Twitter pages that are easily shareable. Check it out!
- Contact Congress – The newly formed Lung Cancer Caucus needs more members. There is an easy way to ask your Representative to join the Caucus. Reach out today!
- Shop ‘til You Drop – A percentage of your purchases will come to us and help support our mission!
- Amazon Smile – Buy anything you want and list Lung Cancer Alliance as your charity.
- Purses – Up and coming designers Angela and Roi have stylish purses designed just for lung cancer awareness.
- Bravelets – Show your strength or offer strength to a loved one with the “Be Brave” lung cancer bracelet.
- BlueBeards – Find the perfect grooming products for the men in your life.
- Write a Letter – You can share your story and the facts about lung cancer through a letter to the Editor of your local paper. Here is a sample to get your started.
When you take action this November, in any way, please let us know so we can make show the community and urge others to follow your lead!