Who is Lung Cancer Alliance?
We are the leading organization dedicated to saving lives and advancing research by empowering those living with and at risk for lung cancer.
What we do:
- Offer personalized support, information and referral services at no cost through a team of trained, dedicated staff members to help patients, their loved ones and those at risk.
- Advocate for increased lung cancer research funding and equitable access, coverage and reimbursement for screening, treatment, diagnostics, and testing.
- Conduct nationwide education campaigns about the disease, risk and early detection.
Mission: Saving lives and advancing research by empowering those living with or at risk for lung cancer.
Vision: Tripling survival by 2020
2014 Strategic Plan Goals:
- Providing 360o support.
- Building our community.
- Educating about the disease.
- Advancing responsible lung cancer screening and research.
- Securing equitable access to early detection, diagnosis and treatment.
- Securing coverage and reimbursement.
Why We’re Uniquely Qualified
It really comes down to the people behind the organization -- our dedicated volunteers, advocates, chapters, Board of Directors, partners and staff --- and how we execute a very well thought out and effective strategy. Although much more needs to be done, we are confident of meeting the challenges ahead because:
- We put the needs of patients and their loved ones first – we are patient and caregiver-driven and wake up every day thinking what we can do better and more of to help them today.
- We are information-based, providing the most up to date and relevant information on every aspect of lung cancer -- presented in easy to understand language for a wide audience – that will help save lives today.
- We work with anyone – individuals, communities, businesses, foundations, institutions and other nonprofits – who also share our vision.
- We are tireless advocates with a growing network of volunteer activists that are the driving force behind a nationwide lung cancer movement.
We share our business information openly on our website and will answer any inquiries into our funding. Click here to view our most recent annual report.
Help Us Help Others
Join us today and help sustain the lung cancer movement. There are many ways to support our work. Contact us today at 1-800-298-2436 or email@example.com.